Monday, July 20, 2009

Yesterday a friend and I drove to the grocery store only to find it closed at 3:00 on Sunday, so on the journey back we travelled out of our way to go to a pizza place. The pizza place was closed too, but across the street was this friendly neighborhood rhinoceros. He was in a fenced enclosure chewing on grass like just any other domesticated animal. We joked that his owner would come out with a leash when it was time to go in.

I'm sure the rhino isn't that domesticated, but I'm not sure how to explain what he was doing there. I also can't imagine he gets enough calories from the little dried grass on the ground this winter. Here's the evidence...




Plus a picture showing the mountains in the background.




Also on this trip I saw many waterbuck, antelope, warthogs, hornbills and baboons. Finding those animals has become routine so I don't write about it much.

One response to “ ”

Tim Thomas said...

Those are some awesome pictures. I love the road and the mountains in the background. It kind of lets me imagine what driving down the roads would be like. Also, I wonder if having a pet rhino in Africa is something like American kids always wanting a pony. I can only imagine the conversation between the parent and child.

Leave a reply

 
© 2009 Travelblog. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesigns